Besides education, Rojavanam Paramedical College pays importance to the overall developments of the students. As such the following extracurricular activities are given importance. The students should be member of any one or all these clubs. These clubs helps to develop the inner talents of the students.
Youth Red Cross club is started in Rojavanam Paramedical College with the following objectives:-
- To persuade community service through awareness and training
- To publicize the fundamental principles of Red Cross through various activities.
- To encourage interpersonal relationships with activities that nurtures a compassionate strength.
- To Organize Blood Donation Camps
- To develop Organizational skills, charitable services and civil leadership in our students.
FRIENDS FOR NATURE CLUB
- Develop an awareness of and encourage an interest in the natural environment among its members and the community through meetings, talks, workshops, study groups, field trips and publications.
- Encourage the study of the natural environment among its members and the community
- Create awareness among the community to promote the establishment and maintenance of natural areas and nature reserves, conserve and protect species, communities and other natural features of interest
Students who are a part of these clubs will have discussions on the side-effects of drugs, make posters and act as whistleblowers to prevent trading and misuse of narcotic drugs in campuses.Many young men are getting addicted to drugs. We hope awareness will help us curb this social menace. During holidays, the members of the club will campaign in the villages and towns about the evil effects of using intoxicants.
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji's Centenary year, 1969. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage. Steps are on process to start NSS in Rojavanam Paramedical College.
DISASTER MANAGEMENT CLUB
Rojavanam Paramedical College is about to form the Disaster Management team in the college to provide moral support to government, civil society organizations, communities and other relevant stakeholders in their efforts to address the challenges of hazards and climate change impacts.
Disaster Management Team work has focused on four key strategies:
- Capacity building
- Knowledge Management
- Advocacy and Policy
- Humanitarian Action
FIRST AID TEAM
Steps are on progress to start First Aid Team in Rojavanam Paramedical College. This team will involve in first aid activities whenever and wherever needed. As a Health Inspector, the students will know more about the methods of first aids to be given during emergencies, accidents and during unwanted incidents. Special training programmes on first aid will be organized for the members of this club to make them more efficient in first aid activities.